Sunday, December 16, 2012

Kachina (Frozen) Wetlands



It has finally snowed in Flagstaff...nearly two feet out in Kachina Village.  Time for a little ski around the Kachina wetlands.  Instead of dragging my heavy DSLR along, I tucked my little iPhone in my jacket.  The latest iPhone camera app (cleverly called Camera) has an option for doing panoramas.  Just point the shutter button, move the camera across the scene while keeping a little arrow on a horizontal line and presto, you have an instant panorama.

There are no doubt similar apps for other brands of smart phones.  Want to buy a DSLR cheap?  Just kidding.

2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping a close eye on the mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. The Pentax K-01 can use all my Pentax lenses, even screw mounts. Still a little pricey but will surely come down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having the same disillusionment with my DSLR. Wish I would have had that before I dropped $2,200 on the Canon Mark II, 5D!

    ReplyDelete